Monday, May 7, 2012

My new dachshund's hair is thinning on his head...is this normal?

i just bought an adorable 7 week old dachshund. he has beautiful markings and color. his coat is very shiny and he is healthy. i noticed when i bought him that he had thin hair on the very top of his head and ears. it is not red or infected or looks like a skin problem. it is not in patches, just looks thin. i asked the breeder and she said that they loose thier baby hair and it will grow in as he gets older, just like human babies. i will be taking him to the vet in a week, but even vets can give you mixed answers. i was just curious if anyone else has heard of this before. .



My new dachshund's hair is thinning on his head...is this normal?

I had a dachshund for 18 years and the hair on the top of his head was thinning every since he was a puppy, so i think it must be somthing special to that breed of dog.



My new dachshund's hair is thinning on his head...is this normal?

I am on my third dachshund where their head and ears meet



mine has always looked alittle thin I have one she is almost 10 yrs old and it is still like that I wouldn't worry about him. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment